Monday, December 26, 2011

Lips: NARS Afghan Red

Christmas for my family is a low-key affair in which we just open gifts and hang around the house, so yesterday I wore comfortable black leggings under a voluminous white sweater. I had to dress up my lips, however, and I went with one of my favorite standbys, NARS Afghan Red.

Yes, that is a gray streak in my hair. It appeared in college!

I don't know why this lipstick doesn't get more love from bloggers. The only full review and swatch (titled "Unsung Heroes," incidentally) I can find is on the Makeup and Beauty Blog. Other bloggers are missing out, as Afghan Red is a beautiful and effortless garnet.


The finish is a creamy satin, and it goes on like a dream. Afghan Red is not a true red, but a very pink-leaning cherry, which makes it extremely flattering on a wide range of skin tones. It's a classy-casual red that you can dress either up or down.


Easy, versatile, and gorgeous, NARS Afghan Red has earned a place as my workhorse red lipstick.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...