Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Preen Present, and a Thank You

As Best Things in Beauty would say, "Still shopping for you?" I'm always shopping for myself! And it's all the sweeter when I do it at a deep discount.


Carter wool crepe midi skirt by Preen from Net-a-Porter.


Isn't it gorgeous? When it finally went on sale for nearly a thousand dollars off, I pounced. The site had sold out of x-small, and I hesitated over whether the small would be right for my size zero figure; then I reasoned that the skirt still would look great on me, and hit the order button.


As soon as I opened up the package, I knew the skirt was perfect. The colors are jewel deep, the silk-lined wool is luxuriously heavy, and size small fits me like a dream. I would wear it with a dark gray blouse, like the model above, and with my camel Burak Uyan pumps for a bit of contrast. The skirt hits higher on these models, but on me the hem comes down nearly to my ankles. (And I'm a respectable 5'6"!) I may leave it that way, or have it hemmed.




The most color accurate out of the lot.

Merry Christmas to myself! And to everyone reading, happy holidays! My little blog has grown quite a bit in the past few months, and I am grateful to all those who have joined me on this journey.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...