Saturday, April 14, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Fashion

Mannequin hands: either you love 'em or hate 'em. Personally I think they are extremely chic, but you do need to make sure to choose a shade with some warmth and depth. Deborah Lippmann Fashion is an attractive option for a wide range of skin tones.


The reason? Fashion doesn't try to slavishly imitate a single actual human skin tone. Rather, the shade is a skillful mix of warm beige and cool grey that looks good even when it's not an exact match. The creamy finish also lends a sophisticated elegance to your manicure. While the above photo was taken in direct sunlight, the below photo captures the color more accurately as it shows up on my hands. In person, to my naked eye, Fashion pulls distinctly grey; at a distance, my nails do blend into my fingers.


I wish I didn't have red fingertips. I've had them for as long as I can remember, and they can render certain nail polishes unwearable. Due to the ring of red around each nail, it's probably impossible for me to achieve true mannequin hands. Nevertheless, Fashion is excellent for when I need to keep my nails a grown-up neutral but don't want to do a stuffy French manicure. Wear time is superb -- after five days, there's still not a single chip.

There are plenty of mannequin-hand shades out there, but Deborah Lippmann Fashion has that certain louche-cool je ne sais quoi that rescues it from being boring.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...