Sunday, November 20, 2011

Nails: Dior Camel

Peek at my nails on any given day, and odds are you'll find me sporting either a metallic gunmetal (such as Dior NY 57th) or a funky neutral (like Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge). Dior Camel sits squarely in the latter category.

Indirect sunlight.

The color is, appropriately enough, a dead match for camel. Getting dressed that morning, I had slipped on a favorite pair of leather flats from L.L. Bean. Then it occurred to me that I had unwittingly matched my shoes to my nails.


I could have done this all afternoon, with my leather jacket, wool peacoat, several other pairs of shoes, and half a dozen sweaters . . . I hadn't realized I like camel so much. Well, it's a great color. Neutral, but with enough oomph to avoid washing you out.

On the nails, camel takes some getting used to. Have you ever put a new color on your nails, looked at the result, and immediately gone, "Good grief, what was I thinking?" That happens to me all the time. By the next day, though, I have gone through the acclimation process and love the color. In Dior Camel's case, I think it works best on cool-toned girls like myself. It also looks great with white shirts, blue jeans, or especially a crisp oxford shirt in French blue.

After one week: my nails grow quickly.

Dior Camel is a hardy nail polish, standing up after one week with some tip wear. The only issue I have is with how thin the polish is: in the first close-up above, you can see some translucence. I did two coats, and three probably would have made the nails completely opaque, but the difference really isn't noticeable at an arm's length.

Direct sunlight.

Dior Camel is a weird, but surprisingly workable, neutral.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...