Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nails: Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge & Bruised

If you are a nail polish aficionado, then you know Rescue Beauty Lounge held its much-anticipated Bring it Back pre-orders last weekend. I'm still rather new to the brand, but I adore it already. Two weeks earlier, to celebrate the impending sale, I brought Grunge and Bruised to my favorite nail salon. Upon seeing the combination, my nail technician murmured, "perfect," and got to work.



RBL polishes apply beautifully. The first coat of Grunge rolled onto my fingernails like butter, and we added a second coat mostly out of habit. Under the lamp, the sheen was incredible: it wasn't shiny or shimmery, but as rich as caramel. Seche Vite as a top coat actually took the sheen down a bit. I'm going to have to try RBL's own top coat.

Grunge is a fascinating color. It's a greige that runs the gamut from gray to beige to brown to nude. In certain lighting, I looked as if I had the chicest mannequin hands. My photos, obviously, could capture only a small range.



Indoor lighting, at the salon.
I thought Bruised would look good on my toes, and they turned out to. It may show up as simply plum in my photo, but Bruised is another complex RBL color. It's a mixture of red and brown that, name aside, evokes old blood and nasty bruises. Bruised is a punky, vampy, darkly fleshy color, like dirty cabernet or merlot.



The two colors play off one another well, don't they? RBL polishes are also known for their durability and longevity; in my case, Grunge lasted a full eight days before I got my first, minuscule chip.

Rescue Beauty Lounge in Grunge and Bruised have instantly become some of my favorite fall nail colors.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...