Monday, October 24, 2011

Nails: Deborah Lippmann Stormy Weather

When it comes to nails, I like dark, tough, unusual colors, like Deborah Lippmann's Stormy Weather.


One could be forgiven for thinking from the bottle that it is a simple medium gray. In reality, the color is a cool deep gray-blue with even a touch of green.


I spent the weekend visiting my brother in New York, and it rained nearly the entire time. Perfect! This color looks best under an overcast sky. However, don't give in to the temptation of wearing dark clothes with this nail polish; this color deserves to be shown off. Ivory, beige, and camel colored fabrics all make for a chic juxtaposition. Like most Lippmanns, Stormy Weather is a two-coater. On the trip I put my nails through a lot of wear and tear, and on the fourth day they began to chip. This is why I like bringing my own nail polish to the salon: it means do-it-yourself repair jobs on the spot.

Stormy Weather is a surprising and intriguing color that grabs attention in a "I-don't-really-care" way. I could live in this color from October through March.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...