Monday, October 3, 2011

Lips: NARS Funny Face

Truth: I have nearly thirty tubes of NARS lipsticks. I really should get started on these swatches, shouldn't I?

NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Funny Face


This is a high-octane, in-your-face pure fuchsia. As obnoxious as the shade is, it works. A hint of strawberry red grounds the fuchsia and gives it a touch of class. You can wear it when you want a strong lip, but don't want to go red. The color really brightens up the face, allowing you to go practically makeup-free.


The application and texture are good--matte, obviously, but not drying--and in fact this particular shade goes on lighter than expected, so I had to build it up with several swipes. I did not have a chance to test the lasting power. Watch out for color transfer! When I took my silk blouse off, some of the lipstick went right along with it. Fortunately, I was able to rescue the blouse.


In short, a fabulous lipstick.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...