Sunday, January 29, 2012

Seventies Super Suede Sweater

When I saw this vintage sweater in Venus on the Half Shell, I flipped out. It's a SUEDE SWEATER. Talk about seventies goodness.

Sweater: vintage. Pants: AG Jeans. Shoes: J. Crew.


Close up, the sweater turns out to be diamond-shaped panels of suede woven together.




All the suede gives this sweater a substantial weight and heft. The dolman sleeves are enveloping.


Such a heavy sweater needs heavy jewelry as counterbalance. The gold-plated cuff is from Free People, while the necklace is from Shopbop.




This outfit is all about heavy textures and earthy colors. These calf hair driving moccasins are a good complement.


These photos actually were taken last winter; I can't believe I've sat on this outfit for so long. It's a fabulous twist on seventies style. Long live suede.

fin

3 comments:

  1. Love this whole look! Great score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nikki. I can't remember what it cost me, but whatever it was, it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quality looks superb! This look is also timeless. I think about that when it come to price too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...