Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nicholas Kirkwood Roses & Bottega Veneta Splatter

The winter sale season is winding down, and with that hopefully the shoe-induced damage to my wallet. I picked up two pairs from Neiman Marcus this week.

First up, the Nicholas Kirkwood floral-print satin pump.


The print is lovely, and I can see myself wearing these to holiday parties with either cocktail dresses or dark cigarette jeans. What cinched the deal for me was the description of the low-cut vamp as leg-lengthening; this shot of Kirsten Dunst certainly is convincing.


And then I have long admired this Bottega Veneta printed silk T-strap pump ever since seeing it in a beautiful ad spread. Tonight, it popped back in my size range.


The chaotic, exuberant Jackson Pollock print is reined in by the delicate ladylike straps. Asymmetrically arranged colored jewels on the front add to the shoe's louche charm.


Now if only I could afford that dress.



Beautiful shoes are on their way to me in the mail. As always, a prayer to the shoe gods: may they fit.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...