Monday, January 9, 2012

Half Moon Over Circle Ring

I have a thing for sculptural jewelry, and sometimes the coolest pieces are right in my own backyard.


This is a handmade metal and glass ring I found at The Muse, a hip* local artists' boutique on Market Street in downtown Frederick. The ring caught my eye for being industrial and graceful at the same time. It has a wonderful elongating effect on the hand.


These photos were taken a year ago, before I discovered the joy of regular manicures, hence the terrible state of my nails. (Lifelong chronic nail-biter. Nail polish is my beauty and my sanity.) The leather wristband is also from the shop, and it's made from recycled leather. Wait till I show you the shop's handmade fountain pens.

fin

*I really try not to use that word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...