Sunday, March 18, 2012

Face, with Le Metier de Beaute Cherry Blossom Eye Kaleidoscope


Spring is in the air, and Le Metier de Beaute Cherry Blossom Eye Kaleidoscope is the perfect accompaniment. Just look at this face.


Michael Reinhardt has designed a kaleidoscope of subtle, fresh, and exquisite eye colors. I must repeat the last adjective. Exquisite.


Best Things in Beauty has gorgeous swatches, so my goal here is to present one way to wear them. I followed the simple directions written out by Michael:


Could it be any easier? When I washed the peach-sand shade over my eyelid, my breath caught in my throat. The color blends in completely with my skin, but it leaves behind the most beautiful shimmer. The green went over this, lending the slightest mint-green brightness. The pink looks bold in the pan, but it is extremely sheer; I had to build it up a bit to see any effect on my lid. I also swept it along the brow bone, per Charlestongirl's suggestion. The bottom shade is a soft chocolate, and with it I loosely lined my top lash line. I then applied the same color to my crease, in the process probably overdoing it. I like a dramatic eye. The overall effect is still gentle enough for a bright spring day.



I also really like how this eye looks with my glasses on. I wonder if Michael took them into account when writing down my directions!



I would not put anything past Michael. The man is a genius in both color and application. Just look at his Capitol Kaleidoscope. The Cherry Blossom Kaleidoscope is vibrant in the pan, and translates to a soft shimmer of sheer color on the eyes.


I defined and lengthened my top lashes with Dior DiorShow Mascara in Mitzah, a sparkling tawny brown -- perfect for springtime. My cheeks received a flush of pink from By Terry Rose De Rose Sheer Liquid Blush in 1 Fresh Rose, and for my lips I layered Le Metier de Beaute Sheer Brilliance Lip Gloss in Dubai over NARS Sheer Lipstick in Dolce Vita. This is the first time I've tried this lip combination, and I'm particularly pleased by it. (My base was simply Tarte Smooth Operator SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer in 04 Agent over Rodin Olio Lusso.) 

Missed NARS Dolce Vita in this photo, but a blog feature is coming soon.
   
This face was a wonderful discovery for me; all the elements worked together perfectly. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of this limited-edition set, a brown eyeliner and two lip glosses. Michael was quite clear with me on this point, and he says the glosses are pink and peach, respectively. These should arrive around the beginning of April.

Le Metier de Beaute Cherry Blossom Eye Kaleidoscope may be limited edition, but it feels like the perfect choice for spring.

fin 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Flyavsted, and I appreciate the follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! Grr, I just bought my first LMdB kaleidoscope from the Northern Lights collection, but now you really got me wanting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first kaleidoscope, Naomi! Each one is a work of art, and whether or not you also pick up Cherry Blossom, there's always a new one to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...