Sunday, January 9, 2011

Score: Boots from Diane von Furstenberg and Belstaff

Remember when I counted my boot collection and found seven pairs? Now it's nine. Thank you, post-holiday sales.


1.) I have long wanted to jump aboard the platform black ankle boot bandwagon. The trouble is that most of them are just too bloated and clunky (the worst offenders are those Jeffrey Campbells that seem to turn up on every third style blog; yes, you know exactly what I'm talking about) for my more streamlined sensibilities. Then, surfing the Shopbop extra 30% off post-Christmas sale, these Fausta boots by Diane von Furstenberg caught my eye.

The dark brown wood and the little gold band at the heel made them unique. They have a seam running down the front that ends in a slightly pointed toe. Promising. So I ordered the absolute last pair (not kidding; it just happened to be in my size).













They fit perfectly. I feel like I can wear them anywhere, from work to the coffee shop to a nightclub.

Shirt: Madewell. Pants: Level 99 from Anthro.
Necklace: Jacquie Aiche from Shopbop.






































2.) Dangerous things happen when I surf sales. At three this morning, I was red-eyeing Net-a-Porter's extra 20% reductions, and there were these Belstaff Jenn boots.


I'd seen them somewhere else last fall, loved the buckles, then forgot about them. Now here they were, and again the absolute last pair. (Not kidding; after I hit order I went back to the product page and got a red Sold Out message.)

I got them in size 10. I'm usually a 9.5, but sometimes need to order down in boots because I have such narrow feet and calves. The fit guide said for half sizes to order up, so we'll see. I've noticed that designer shoes fit more snugly than mall brand shoes, in any case. Don't they look so good?





















P. S. I am pleased to report that my Alexander Wang Frida booties (from this Score post) fit gorgeously. The heels are higher than what I'm used to (no hidden platform), but when it comes to fashion, one should live dangerously.




















fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...