Sunday, October 7, 2012

RMS Beauty lip2cheek in Rapture

RMS Beauty lip2cheek in Rapture is aptly named. I'm in raptures over it.


This was my first taste of the ultra-organic makeup line by Rose-Marie Swift, and I'm kicking myself only for waiting so long. I had to order sight and touch unseen.


The product is packaged in a sturdy squat glass jar that comes inside a charming white cardboard box. On the back of both the box and the jar itself is the complete ingredient list, of which Xiao from Messy Wands has an excellent close-up.


Touching my finger for the first time to the surface of the cream, I was not quite sure what to expect. Would I have to dig in? Just what would the texture be like? How much of a color payoff would there be? The answers turned out to be: not at all, smooth and creamy, and intense. I felt like I was applying a rich lip balm, the way the color glided easily onto my lips, but the cream also gave me the control and precision of a lip stain. A little goes an extremely long way. I pressed my finger to the surface three times (you can see the slight indentation I made in the jar shot above) and built up thick layers of saturated red. And what a saturated red it is. 


Rapture is described as a "rich deep brown based red suitable for all skin tones." This is spot on. Rapture leans toward brick red, but still can function as a true red. While bold red lipsticks are notorious for being temperamental, RMS Beauty has come out with a product that makes it almost effortless for you to apply and maintain a dramatic red lip. There is absolutely no bleeding or feathering, and over the hours Rapture mellows down to more of a stained red. I was able to wear this dramatic color on a bare face without any other makeup. I test-drove Rapture through a full dinner, and it faded evenly while avoiding both chapped lip lines and that dreaded "ring of death." I have only one caveat to give: as long as it's layered up on your lips, Rapture will transfer to anything and everything. The necks of water bottles, white mugs, napkins, other people's lips, your fingers. But you'll continue to look great, and isn't that the important part?

  
Rapture is called a lip2cheek, but I have yet to test it on my cheekbones. I'm having a hard time imagining how I'd pull off a brick-red blush. Perhaps I could take Xiao's cue and do an ironic china doll face, but I don't think I have the bone structure for that! RMS Beauty also suggests that, "used sparingly," Rapture "intensifies one's natural lip color." That sounds perfect for me and my ghastly pale lips; a smidgen of product should bring a healthy flush to my lips for the winter.

Xiao also sadly reports that RMS Beauty plans to discontinue Rapture. What? I need to stockpile backups, and you need to try this color before it goes away.

fin

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? with your bone structure you can do anything to your face

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color is so pretty on you...have to admit I'm a bit jealous bc I can't pull off that kind of color!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...