Friday, June 15, 2012

565 Chanel Le Vernis Beige

Tonight I had fun perusing the gorgeous blog sale on Messy Wands (picking up a couple of items for myself) and it helped remind me how enjoyable beauty blogging can be. You get to interact with a warm, giving community while celebrating something that adds charm and happiness to your lives.

565 Chanel Le Vernis Beige has been making me quite happy. This polish is an elegant yet vibrant neutral.


A proper beige that leans yellow, Chanel Beige works because it aims to be a neutral, not a nude. There's a distinction. Soft pink microshimmer lends this shade iridescent life and counterbalances the yellow. My camera doesn't have the resolution to capture the shimmer in all its glory, but I think the photo below shows how the pink catches the late afternoon sun. To properly see the iridescence, go to The Beauty Look Book.


I find that I really like Chanel Beige on my fingers. I want to wear this chic shade with a white tweed dress suit, even if it is true that I neither own a white tweed dress suit nor have a place to wear a white tweed dress suit to (no afternoon tea party invitations in my near future). Cafe Makeup agrees that it's a sophisticated shade.


Instead of clashing with my skin tone, the yellow warms up the beige and makes it interesting. Move over, Deborah Lippmann Fashion; I've found a new favorite neutral. Below is Chanel Beige in shadow. You can see how soft the yellow really is.


505 Chanel Le Vernis Beige ($26) is available only online at chanel.com, and is well worth ordering. A perfect neutral always is.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...