Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lips: NARS Casablanca

The Pantone color of spring 2012 is tangerine, so this seems like a good time to pull out my swatches of NARS Casablanca.


I took these last summer, when it felt appropriate to walk around with orange lips. And NARS Casablanca certainly is orange, or more accurately and according to the website, a "classic, full-bodied coral." The saturated shade contains a hint of peach to make it more wearable by fairer gals like myself. I can see this color being stunning on darker skin.

Pardon the shadow.

Strangely, I feel like Casablanca could almost work as a bright neutral on me. It's a look-at-me color, no doubt about it, but NARS lipsticks seem to be formulated with a lightness that prevents even the most dramatic shades from taking over the face completely. This particular shade belongs to the satin finish family, so it is moisturizing and has a sheen, though it still is very opaque. After several hours, Casablanca fades to a pretty stain. I like it bold, however.



NARS Casablanca is a gorgeous retro coral.

fin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...